Peter Warren Automotive Pty Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy document outlines the procedures, practices and systems that Peter Warren Automotive Pty Ltd applies in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained within the Commonwealth Privacy Act (1988).
- WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES PETER WARREN AUTOMOTIVE PTY LTD COLLECT?
- occupation and employment details;
- contact details;
- address details;
- registration and driver’s licence details;
- credit card and bank account details;
- other financial information;
- current and past vehicle information and details;
- cookies and website tracking;
- location through anti-theft vehicle tracking technology in loan and demonstrator vehicles;
- voice and image;
- educational qualifications and resume;
- personal interests
1.1 Peter Warren Automotive Pty Ltd may collect contact details including your name, address, email address, phone numbers, fax numbers, driver’s licence and registration details, date of birth or age group, occupation, gender, information about your vehicle (including its number plate and vehicle identification number)
1.2 When using the Peter Warren Automotive Pty Ltd website, we may collect web site usage information such as the IP address you are using, the name of your Internet service provider, your browser version, the web site that referred you to us and the next website you go to, the pages you request, the date and time of those requests and the country you are in. We use this information to generate statistics and measure website activity to improve the usefulness of customer visits. During normal website usage we do not collect or store personally identifiable information such as name, mailing address, email address or telephone number - unless you have provided it to us through an online enquiry form.
1.3 Peter Warren Automotive Pty Ltd does not collect sensitive information from our customers.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
2.1 Peter Warren Automotive Pty Ltd collects personal information in a number of ways. The most common ways we collect your personal information are:
- When you test drive one of our vehicles
- When we sell you a vehicle
- When you service your vehicle
- When you attend our premises
- When you buy parts, accessories and merchandise from us
- When you apply for employment with us
- Via our website or when you deal with us online - including through social media or our customer support centres (Refer to clause 1.2);
- When you enter a competition or promotions we may run
- FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- To facilitate your request for a brochure or test drive, to add you to a mailing list or to respond if you request information (including via the Peter Warren Automotive Pty Ltd website or via an email you send to us)
- To keep track of the repairs and servicing of your vehicle by Peter Warren Automotive Pty Ltd
- To facilitate the provision of roadside assistance
- To issue service reminders
- To improve our products and services
- To contact you to obtain your feedback and to find out your level of satisfaction with our products, services and staff through surveys
- To invite you to events (such as new program we are launching) or inform you about new services we provide
- To verify your identity
- To engage in other activities where required or permitted by law
- To facilitate your entry and participation in a competition or trade promotion
- To address any issues or complaints, that we or you may have with regards to our business relationship. We may contact you via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner to address these concerns
- For the purpose of direct marketing to provide you with news and information about our products and services, and opportunities that we believe you may be interested in, where: you have consented to us doing so; or it is otherwise permitted by law
If you fail to provide personal information requested by us, there may be a range of consequences, for example we may not be able to respond to your enquiry or otherwise assists or transact with you.
4.3 How does our remarketing activity affect you?
- When you visit our website, our web server will drop a cookie on your browser
- If you leave our website to another website which is part of the Google network, you may be served our ad
- The remarketing cookie will be valid for 30 days
- You can remove our remarketing cookie by deleting your internet browsing history cleaning your cookies. This can be done through the tools/settings function of your Internet browser.
4.4 Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie can in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than data you share to choose with us.
4.5 The information gathered is not shared with third parties. You may turn off your cookies by adjusting the appropriate settings on your browser. Please consult the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to adjust or turn your cookies off. Cookies do not reveal personal information and if you turn off your cookies you may find your enjoyment, ease of use of the Internet, and our site, to be reduced or impaired.
- TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
5.1 We may disclose your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- Manufacturer headquarters for all brand franchises within our portfolio
- Other persons who perform services for, or in connection with, us (including to facilitate the delivery of purchases, to provide roadside assistance, for electronic direct mailing, and for credit card payment authorisation).
- Certain contractors or subcontractors of ours that provide administrative or promotional services;
- Parties to whom we are required by an enforcement authority, regulator, law, court or tribunal to disclose;
5.2 If you post information to certain public parts of our website or to our social media pages, you acknowledge that such information may be available to be viewed by the public. You should use discretion in deciding what information you upload to such sites.
5.3 We may refuse to allow access or to amend your personal information if we are legally required or entitled to do so. If we do so, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal (unless it is unreasonable to do that) together with information about the options available to complain about the refusal.
- IS THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ACCURATE?
6.1 We endeavour to maintain your personal information as accurately as reasonably possible. We rely on the accuracy of personal information that you have provided to us.
If you believe that a breach of your privacy has occurred, we encourage you to contact us to address your concerns. Please allow us a reasonable time to respond to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our resolutions, you make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details can be found at: http://www.oaic.gov.au
- CONTACT DETAILS
9.1 If you wish to seek access to or correct or update any personal information we hold about you, or to unsubscribe from or change your contact preferences in relation to our direct marketing, please contact us. Dealer subscription does not unsubscribe from manufacturer’s communication. You can also contact us as follows:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Peter Warren Automotive Pty Ltd
PO Box 140, Liverpool BC NSW 1871
Phone: 1800 927 736